Production & Roasting Assistant
The Production & Roasting Assistant works closely with management to meet the growing production goals for Vice City Bean’s roasting and cold brew production, as well as other production related duties.. This position includes maintaining and organizing the facilities, packaging and quality control. This position may also require driving and delivery using the company vehicle. This is a part-time position to start, but will evolve to a full-time position.
This role will be 2-3 days per week at our production office as needed. Candidates will be expected to work as part of our Cafe Teams (baristas/customer service) at a cafe location for the balance of the work week. Preference will be given to candidates with full-time availability, including weekends. This position is ideal for anyone with specialty coffee experience looking to become a full-time roaster or production manager. 30-40 hours per week.
Speciality coffee experience required, however, we will provide training for this position. Compensation based on experience.
- Produce cold brew following company guidelines
- Grinding coffee to spec
- Operation, cleaning and maintenance of brewers & kegs
- Quality control: TDS/Extraction measurements, tasting, maintaining logs
- Assist with ongoing improvements to our product and systems
Mixing and filling kegs.
- Production coffee roasting
- Roasting coffees using predetermined specifications and guidelines
- Maintaining accurate productions logs
- Quality control
- Sample roasting and cupping
- Assist with improvements to our product and systems
- Operation, cleaning and maintaining equipment to keep in good working order
Packaging for cafe and retail.
- Ensure facilities are clean and operational
- Ensure overall facilities are organized and clean
- Report issues and repair issues
Other Job Duties
- Offer feedback and action steps to assist with ongoing improvement
- Manage inventory
- Demonstrate proficiency in all roles of the shop
- Address facility issues and implement preventative maintenance
- Check your Google Team/WhatsApp communications at the start and end of every shift and interface as necessary with leadership and locations
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Understanding of coffee brewing, cupping and roasting
- Demonstrate proficiency using equipment and following shop processes
- Ability to improve the product and workflow/systems
- You have a passion for coffee and willingness to learn
- You are willing to improve the skills necessary to be successful in this role: sensory, brewing, technical, etc.
- You are able to communicate clearly, both verbally and written in English
- You have excellent time management
- You are able to lift/move heavy objects, up to 50lbs
- Ability to operate job related tools, such as roasters, espresso machines and coffee brewers.
- Understanding of TDS and Extraction
- Computer literate: Google Workplace (doc, sheets, gmail)
APPLY FOR THE PRODUCTION/ROASTING ASSISTANT POSITION